Aquaculture Mechanical Engineer
Agrimarine Technologies Inc. is a manufacturer of innovative closed-containment aquaculture systems, located in Comox, B.C. We are seeking candidates for the position of Mechanical Engineering P.Eng. responsible for rapid and professional implementation and documentation of the engineering design cycle. Your responsibilities will include:
- Certification in accordance with APEGBC OQM
- Certification to ISO 9001
- Compliance with Norwegian Standard NS9415
- Oversight of product data management
- Professional development of EITs.
Reporting to the Technology Manager, you will assist in co-ordinating a team of design engineers developing and manufacturing environmentally responsible aquaculture equipment for deployment in Canada and around the world.
You are an excellent written English communicator who can work with third party educators, certifiers, customers, and co-workers to cultivate support and participation, and to deliver timely results. You develop feasibility and design reports, business letters, SOPs, QA documents, and work with the logistics manager to meet customs and export requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
- Registered Professional Engineer in B.C., AB., or ON.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MS Office, PDM, TeamGantt. LaTeX is an asset.
- Experience in any or all of aquaculture, quality assurance, marine structures, coastal engineering, steel fabricating, composites, hydraulic power design, CFD, FEA, controls, manufacturing, technical writing, and math modelling are assets.